Saturday, July 31, 2021

Kochi Office site Inauguration

04 MARCH 2012

INAUGURATION OF THE  PROPOSED KOCHI OFFICE SITE.




This photo was clicked at the inauguration of proposed Kochi office on the land donated by  lease basis  with Kerala Government in Maradu Municipal Corporation on our constant persuasion, Kochi after the shifting of office to Kochi from Trivandrum.  The land overlooking the backwaters was inaugurated by Shri K.V Thomas, then Honourable minister for Consumer affairs along with Late Shri Sunil Soni, IAS, former DG, BIS and other dignitaries including former State Minister Shri K.S Babu and Maradu Municipal office bearers.

This was my last assignment in Kerala and after the inauguration of this site, DG had a personal discussion with me and asked to come to head quarters. I have shown my disinterest  in working again in Certification or Laboratory departments  as I spent all my time in certification since joining. I requested him to consider posing in other departments. He then created a new department called SPPD( Standards Policy and planning ) and I was shifted to that   department as head. He wanted me to have fresh look on some of the existing systems and was aiming for a complete transformation. This department from scratch was  established under my supervision and the role of the department was to assist Standards Formulation departments and DDG(Standards) similar to Central Marks Department(CMD) in Certification. I served little more than  one year before being shifted as Head of Management System Department for another important assignment. In the MSCD department I was there for one year and later shifted to Central marks Department-III when transformer was brought under compulsory certification and after one year I was  promoted as Deputy Director General. 



               

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS