Saturday, June 15, 2024

AFTER RETIREMENT 

I writing this blog after a long time. The reason for that is not due to lack of time or laziness. I was busy engaged in some interesting passion which I could not indulge so far in a big way.

 It starts with my retirement. Retirement is one milestone in life where a  people are scared off for various reasons. It could be due to loss of power, position, re-location, loss of facilities etc. Among all this, one of the most important issues related to the change in life style as well as the sudden dip in attention and work schedules. These issues are having more mental impact when the position and power held were higher.

 In 2019, when I retired many people asked me, 'what are  my plans after retirement ?. ' Will you be taking up some consultancy or auditing job ( BIS was offering part time auditor to retired qualified employees ) or any private job. The fact is I was offered an extension in BIS for  six months in the same level ( I was holding Joint Secretary level )  which I declined and the   two offers I got after retirement from private . I refused all of them because I wanted to pursue my passion which was pushing me..

 Through out my life,   I was fascinated by the photography and videography and I wanted to do lot travelling  further and  shoot lot of videos .As a matter of  fact, in the last 3 years I travelled a lot and bought a basic camera and gathered  lot of  information about Photography & Videography as well as  Camera Techniques.  I spent hours together on Lenses, Camera Gadgets, Video editing, Camera movement, Audio editing, Lighting, Camera Angles and Video editing software. 

 Basically It has 3 advantages hidden in this hobby. The first one is,  this hobby enables you to open up your creativity and creating an art brings lot happiness and satisfaction. When you create an art or when you learn some mistakes you committed  while you edit your videos keep you updated with not only continuous knowledge but keep you engaged..

 Of late  I realised, I made plenty of  mistakes which could have been avoided if I had this knowledge. Also I realised costly cameras or lenses are not the important aspects, but  the knowledge of camera, the way  you look at the scene and  capture the scene , the way you recreate the same with your own  perspective  would make the difference. 


Since I cannot go back to all those places I visited earlier, I decided I    should transfer this knowledge to people like me who loves travel and photography.  That is why I decided to make complete series of learning photography with all tips and techniques   and make it available to Public. You can learn this videos free in Youtube Channel Travel videography for seniors or my Instagram id - senior_citizen_photography.

       I have created 39 videos organised in 9 chapters on basics, advanced techniques, tips for photography and videography, editing, lenses and gadgets etc…





No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS